Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A required privilege is not held by the client ,can not copy data to a drive,WINDOWS 8 - Error 0x80070522 solved

So faced this issue on windows 8

this is how it got solved for me,I tried to take ownership and use icacls(see http://wowmoron.blogspot.in/2014/02/access-denied-error-in-windows-8.html),but it didn't work,I wasn't surprised because that drive contained some os files from previous installation,

Then I tried

 Press Windows key + X, select Run
 Type “msconfig” and press enter
 Select the tools tab
 Select “change UAC settings” and click launch
 Select the UAC control to “never notify me”


but it didn't work for me

so then I tried

 Run->secpol.msc
 Local Policies->Security Options.
 Set "User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode" to Disable.
 Restart the PC ! and voila I can even copy to c drive on my windows 8

just for the information it's 4.22 in the night,geek's night out eh!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment